Working at Unquowa
The Unquowa School prides itself on dedicated and talented faculty and staff who are committed to working together to develop an unafraid spirit in each and every student. Unquowa seeks individuals who are committed to our Mission and values and who understand the power of a collaborative and diverse learning community.
Lower School Intern
The ideal intern would be someone who has completed their undergraduate degree and is either in an elementary education graduate program or contemplating a career in teaching. Candidates should be ready to learn in a progressive community of learners. We strive to teach the whole child, compassionately addressing all learning styles and needs.
Under the direction of a master teacher, primary responsibilities of the intern will include:
- Working with students one-on-one and in small groups on various assignments and projects
- Assisting the lead teacher in whole group classroom activities
- As the year progresses and under the guidance of a master teacher, you may be asked to lead selected lessons.
- Occasionally function as a substitute teacher for a class period or whole day as needed.
- Assisting students in organization of materials; unpacking in the morning and packing up in the afternoon
- Prepping lesson materials and correcting assignments
- Recess and/or snack time supervision
- Weekly morning (30 minutes) and/or afternoon (15 minutes) supervision before the school day and at dismissal
To apply, please send a current resume along with a letter of interest to email@example.com
We are looking for dedicated and caring individuals who have experience with children to work as substitute teachers.
Experienced candidates should hold degree and/or certification in field; knowledge of, experience with or training in education is highly desirable; all positions require team teaching and strong collaborative skills. To apply, please send a current resume along with a letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Administrative and Staff Opportunities:
There are no open teaching opportunities at this time. For general inquiries, interested individuals should send:
- Current resume
- Letter of interest
- Personal Statement
The Unquowa School offers competitive compensation and excellent benefits to eligible employees including:
- Health, dental and vision insurance
- Employer contribution to a TIAA-CREF 403(b) retirement plan
- Group life insurance
- Long-term disability
- Funding for professional development, including summer travel grants
- Tuition remission for the children of faculty, administrators and staff
It is The Unquowa School’s policy and practice to provide equal opportunity for all applicants and employees. The Unquowa School does not unlawfully discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, or related medical conditions), gender (including an employee’s gender identity, appearance or behavior, even if different from that traditionally associated with the employee’s sex at birth), sexual orientation, national origin, age, disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, veteran status or any other basis prohibited under federal, state or local law.