Farm to Fork Dining Program
Vision: To provide a nutritionally balanced, delicious, environmentally and ethically responsible menu that utilizes high quality, local and sustainably produced ingredients.
With this vision in mind our dining program promotes:
- Environmental awareness by reducing waste, sourcing responsibly, and utilizing our recycling and composting programs.
- Nutritionally diverse choices of meals by preparing fresh, whole, unprocessed foods. Ideally local and organic whenever possible and always keeping in mind allergies and dietary restrictions.
- Supportive community actions by sourcing from local producers whenever possible.
- A school teaching garden and the use of its produce.
- Inclusive dining experience that engages students and faculty providing ample time for eating and encouraging good eating habits and manners.
- Open dialogue with parents, teachers and students to encourage learning and growth opportunities as well as creating cross-curriculum learning experiences through utilizing the kitchen.
Some of our local sources include:
- Fairfield Bread Company
- Fairfield Cheese Shop
- The Farmer’s Cow
- Fleischer’s Craft Butcher
- Sport Hill Farm
Examples of cross-curriculum learning experiences:
- Eats in the Middle East
- Food for Thought
- Clase En La Cocina
- Chinese New Year Celebration
- Fourth Graders Harvest Lettuce
- It Tastes Great!